I have been asked how I do two 365 projects. I have established a routine. So far I have only missed one prompt from the last 87 days and it was due to the fact that I kept putting it off even though I knew what I wanted to photograph.
- Right after I wake up, I check what my prompts are. I do this right away because some of the prompts need to be done right away.
- When I read the prompt, I usually envision something right away. Yes, you can do this too, especially with objects. For example, what do you envision when you hear the word “sharp”? How about “in my cup”? I envision a knife for “sharp” and my morning coffee for “in my cup”.
- I take what I envisioned and think of how I can incorporate my daughter. Obviously, this cannot work with every prompt such as for the word “sharp”.
- Sometimes I think of how I can be more creative with my first vision. For example with the word “breakfast”, I thought of cereal in a bowl. That seemed extremely boring to me so I thought of cereal pouring out of a box. Here are some other ideas for how you can be more creative:
- Aerial view (such as the 2nd picture)
- Low angle
- Wide angle (picture from far away)
- Close up angle
- Create interesting light
- Dramatic light with deep shadows and bright light
- Sunset light (i.e. golden hour)
- Use a flash
- Shutter speed
Lastly, remember you are a busy person and sometimes you cannot expect every photo to be perfect because we only have so much time and energy to make it perfect.